The 2019 show call for entries has closed. Come see the results.
Prospectus and Call for Entries
The nude has been a part of human artwork as long as there have been humans. Because of our society’s views on nudity, rarely do people have an opportunity to view well-done artistic nude photos. We are out to change that in our part of the world.
Photographers in New Mexico can enter the show. If you are outside of the state and wish to submit images, please contact Kenneth (ingham (at) nmanshow.com or 505-480-7621). You must have some tie to the area to enter.
Awards are not yet announced. Last year, we had the following awards:
- The Artistic Image will give a 4-hour studio rental worth $90.00
- The Artistic Image will give a free 16×20 print with mounting worth $100.00.
The awards will be distributed based on jurying scores in order of value (i.e., the most valuable award is for the top scoring photographer. The second most valuable award is for the second-highest photographer, etc.)
|Date and time||Event|
|Midnight, January 15, 2020||Image submission deadline|
|Midnight, January 21, 2020||Jury response deadline|
|January 31, 2020||Email about accepted images sent|
|Midnight, February 19, 2020||Data entry for accepted images|
|early to mid March
||Deliver images to the gallery|
|First day of show||Opening reception|
|mid to late March||Show ends; pick up images anytime after this that the gallery is open.|
|one week after show ends||Images still at the gallery might be disposed of (i.e., pick them up before this!).|
All times are Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- The show is about artistic nudes. These images investigate the interaction of light and shape. Composition and aesthetics feature prominently in the images. The focus is not on the person or sexuality, although these topics can still be a part of the resulting image. A Google image search for “artistic nude” shows lots of examples. The Celebrate the Body competition entries include many examples of artistic nudes, although that competition also includes boudoir.
- Images can be color, monochrome, or any other process.
- The image must have started with a photograph of a mostly or completely unclothed human adult. Post-processing is allowed.
- Images can show males, females, or both.
- Images can be from any time; there is no requirement that they be recent.
- Models must be at least 18 years old at the time of the photography. Model(s) must have signed a model release. By entering, you acknowledge that you have proof of the model’s age and a signed release. You will deliver copies of these with any accepted images.
- Images should be artistic and not pornographic. If you are unsure, please talk to Kenneth ahead of time.
- Images need to show respect for the model(s).
Image submission for jurying:
- You must hold the copyright on the image to enter it.
- Do not put watermarks, logos, etc on the image. This is to keep the jurying process as anonymous as possible.
- Submit JPEG images that are under 10MB.
- Submit up to four images.
- If you are having a problem meeting the submission deadline, please contact Kenneth.
- After payment (below), you will be taken to the image submission form.
- We might use images accepted for the show for promotion and publicity of this show and/or the next show as well. We will always credit your images, and we will not use them in any way other than as described in this call for entries.
- Do not submit an accepted image from a prior show. You can submit images that you submitted and were not accepted.
- The image(s) can have been created any time.
- The entry fee is $25.00 plus tax and credit card processing fees. The total is $27.68.
- The entry fee covers the gallery rental, cost of the reception, etc. Remember, you keep the whole sale price of your artwork if it sells (less credit card fees).
- The entry fee is independent of how many images you submit (up to the max of four images).
Jurying will be cooperative. Everybody who enters photos will receive a link with all of the submitted photos and will rate all the photos. We will announce the results shortly thereafter. A few additional non-photographer jurists will also rate the images to increase the diversity of the responses.
We will be accepting approximately 24 images for the show.
Image data entry
When you submit your image, you will be asked for:
- Image title
- Your artist name (a pseudonym is OK)
- Your model’s working name (not necessarily his or her real name). If the model has specifically requested it, you can use “Anonymous”
- Any hair and make-up artists
When the accepted images are announced, you will need to enter the following information:
- Image size (width x height, in inches)
- Printing process
- Limited edition information, if any
- Selling price or NFS (not for sale)
- Optionally, other information about the image, limited to about two sentences.
- Optionally, your contact information such as email, web, phone, etc